There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Fried Honey Cakes - Untested


½ cup Riesling wine (German white wine)
1 egg
2/3 cup flour
1 cup honey
2 tbs sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Dash of salt
  1. Beat the egg together with the wine. 
  2. In another mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, sugar and salt. 
  3. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir until blended through. Let sit for 30 minutes. 
  4. In another small bowl, mix the honey and nutmeg. 
  5. In a skillet, heat up about a ½ inch of oil. Drop a tablespoon of batter into the oil and fry until golden brown. 
  6. Drain off the oil, and dip into the honey mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment