There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Oat flour crepes - Test 1


1 - Succesful. Very mild flavor, used the savory version to serve with eggs and other leftover savory bits.

1 cup egg whites
1/4 cup original unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup oat flour
1 tsp vanilla extract optional - omit for savory crepes
1 tbsp maple syrup optional - omit for savory crepes
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until frothy. Heat a buttered 8-inch non-stick skillet to medium.
  2. Adding 1/3 cup batter to the skillet, cook for 1-2 minutes until set, flip and cook on the other side. Remove from the skillet, repeat with remaining batter 1/3 cup at a time.
  3. Add desired toppings and serve immediately. They will also keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment