There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, April 8, 2022

Spicy pasta with parsnip noodles - Untested


1 chilli pepper, seeded and finely chopped
4 Tbsps olive oil
150 g leek, sliced thin
400 g parsnips, peeled and noodled using a vegetable peeler
Salt
Sugar
150 ml of vegetable broth
200 g of Tortiglioni or other tubular chunky pasta
3 stalks parsley, chopped
  1. Combine the fresh chilli and olive oil. 
  2. Use 1 Tbsps of the chilli oil in a pan and heat for a couple of minutes. 
  3. Fry the leeks and parsnips, over medium heat for 5 mins. Add salt and a pinch of sugar to taste. Add the vegetable broth and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
  4. In plenty of salted water, boil some chunky, tubular pasta, like penne.
  5. Toss everything together with some parsley leaves and the remaining pepper oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment