There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, April 8, 2022

Parsnip and pancetta tagliatelle with parmesan and butter - Untested


8 slices bacon
1 handful fresh rosemary, thyme or summer savory , leaves picked
1 good knob butter
2 cloves garlic , peeled and finely sliced
2 parsnips , peeled and finely sliced
455 g dried tagliatelle
1 good handful Parmesan cheese , grated
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

SHARE THIS RECIPE
FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAILPINTEREST
TAP FOR INGREDIENTS
Method
Parsnip and pancetta together are slightly unusual but make a bloody good combo. Since discovering how well they work I've been using them in soups, risottos, roasts and casseroles.
In a large, non-stick frying pan, fry your pancetta and herbs in the olive oil for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and parsnips. Cook for a further 3 minutes on a medium heat, until the pancetta is slightly golden and the parsnips have softened nicely. Cook your tagliatelle in salted boiling water according to packet instructions, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water. Mix the pasta with the parsnips and pancetta and stir in the butter and the Parmesan, adding a little of the cooking water to loosen the mixture and make it creamy and shiny. Season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment