There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Bread Machine Bread - Testing

I've made this loaf before, but I want to document how I've changed it, and also record when to be around to remove the paddle to avoid that annoying gap in the bottom of the bread.

for a 1 1/2lb loaf

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsps butter
2 Tbsps oil
3 cups flour
2 Tbsps sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
2 1/4 tsps dry active yeast
  1. Warm the water and milk to 110 degrees F (max! Minimum 105F).
  2. Put ingredients in the given order in the bread machine pan.
  3. Change the settings to: 1 1/2lb; White bread; Medium crust.
  4. Set a timer for (1hour 30 minutes?) for when the 3rd kneading finishes. When it does, remove the paddle and shape the dough for the final rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment