There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Queue de porc rotie dans son jus - FAIL

http://lartisteetsesarts.over-blog.com/article-queue-de-porc-rotie-a-la-casserolle-et-dans-son-jus-65756123.html

1 - Well, fail. Not because I don't think I could eventually figure out how to make pig tail delicious, but because Ben wouldn't even try it. He just pushed it to the side of his plate and left it there. Wouldn't even eat the onion slurry that came with it, which I set aside on his plate and was quite delicious. So much for snout-to-tail eating in this house, razzen fracken!
Otherwise, the tail was difficult to eat and admittedly unattractive. I suspect it is delicious to some, such as those who like chicken feet. Edible, smells amazing when cooking, but starvation food in my opinion.

4 pig tails (or 1 per person)
2 onions, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
un morceau de gingembre (ou en poudre)
A pinch each of rosemary; Herbes de provences; black pepper; salt
7 cloves
2 cups of water

  1. Clean and rinse that tails. Brine in salt water for 24hours.
  2. Cut the tails into 2 or 3 pieces, depending on the size.
  3. Along with the onion, spices, salt and water, simmer the tail pieces for 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Remove the lid, reduce the heat to a slow simmer, and let the meat reduce, slowly slowly, in its own juices, turning often, until the liquid reduces and the meat takes on a golden colour. Most of the fats should render and slowly disappear; it probably gets reabsorbed so don't think it's a calorie reducer!

No comments:

Post a Comment