There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Peach Pie - Test 1


1 - I made this with two significant errors. First, the quantity listed is for 4, not 6 ramekins. Secondly, I omitted the instructions for the crème fraîche therefore didn't put any in. Therefore, I have not really made this recipe and it will remain 'untested'. However, without the cream it was kind of dull, but would make a great pastry filling, like for a Danish or some such.
2 - Thought this might be better as a pie filling. I made it as per the recipe, using heavy cream instead of crème fraîche and it was delicious! It totally needs a pie filling.

3 peaches, medium slice
70g of sugar
3 egg yolks
4 Tbsps. (70g) thick crème fraîche 
Brown sugar for dusting
  1. Prepare a sweet pie dough and blind bake. Allow the baked crust to cool completely before continuing to avoid a soggy crust.
  2. Preheat the oven to 425 400°F
  3. Arrange the peaches equally in 4 ramekins
  4. Beat the egg yolk with the sugar, crème fraîche and the vanilla.
  5. Divide equally among the ramekins and dust with the brown sugar.
  6. Arrange the peaches in the bottom of the cooled crust. Pour the custard over the peaches so that they all get touched by the liquid.
  7. Dust the surface with the brown sugar.
  8. Bake in the hot oven for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment