There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, March 23, 2020

Farm bread - Test 3

A long time ago, Ben developed a recipe for our automatic bread maker, which has lived on the little bit of paper, which has been floating around for the last 5 years and which, miraculously, has not gotten lost! I'm indicating this as Test 3 to start here, since we have made it a lot, but a long time ago, and our tastes may have changed.

1- You know, it came out looking deflated and not very flavorful. I realize the recipe on the bit of paper is an attempt to reduce the size of the original recipe by a third. So, some tweaking is required.

1 cup water (scant?)
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
2 tsps dry active yeast
1/4 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp salt



  1. In the order given, put all the ingredients in the bread maker pan.
  2. On my machine, it's set to 'white bread' with a 'Medium' crust which is for 3 hours and 10 minutes. 
NOTE: on my machine, during the initial kneading, I open and with a spatula loosen the sides to make sure all the flour gets in the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment