There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Untested - Rack of Lamb Casserole

http://www.750g.com/carre-dagneau-des-landes-irlandaises-aux-causses-du-quercy-r45256.htm

100 g of pitted prunes (preferably the Prunes d'Agen)
30 cl of fruity red wine
2 capfuls of Armagnac
Grape seed oil
1 large onion, diced
1 rack of lamb
1 garlic clove cut in half
3 tbs grainy mustard
2 c s of rosemary
House bread crumbs
3 garlic cloves cut in half
salt pepper

  1. The day before put the prunes to soak in the warm wine, add the Armagnac.
  2. The next day, rub the lamb with a clove of garlic, brush it with the mustard, then sprinkle with rosemary, then dip it in the bread crumbs (homemade). The breadcrumbs must adhere well to the meat.
  3. In a cast iron casserole sweat the onion, when the onion becomes translucent add the lamb to brown. When the meat is nicely golden add the 3 garlic cloves, let cook about 15min.
  4. Drain the prunes of their marinade and add them at the end of cooking, scrape the juices at the bottom of the casserole and wet with a little marinade (1 glass) and reduce until a very syrupy.
  5. Serve well hot with the plum of prunes, it is delicious, the meat is very tender and sweet and savory suits it.


If you like very rosé lamb shorten the cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment