There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, August 7, 2017

Untested - Roasted salt and vinegar crushed new potatoes

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/11/new-potato-recipes-wild-garlic-soup-salad-melted-cheese-salsa

750g small red or brown new potatoes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1-2 tsp flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped

  1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas mark 7. Boil the potatoes in salted water until knife-tender. Drain. Put back in the pot to dry out a little. Tip on to a very large baking tray.
  2. Using a tea towel gently crush each potato but leave them whole. Drizzle them with the olive oil and season with pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are browned and crisp.
  3. Remove from the oven and gently toss with the vinegar. When all of the vinegar has been absorbed, sprinkle with sea salt and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment