There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, September 11, 2026

Baked Feta and Chickpeas in Harissa sauce - Untested


200 g feta sliced into 3-4 blocks
3 garlic cloves minced
400 g tinned chickpeas drained and rinsed
400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon harissa paste
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Fresh basil or parsley to garnish
1 lemon

Preheat the oven to 400F.
In an oven-proof pan, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, chickpeas, spices, olive oil, and harissa paste. Stir everything together to combine.
Place the feta blocks in the pan, nestling them into the chickpea harissa sauce. Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
Bake the chickpeas for 25 - 30 minutes.
To finish, top the baked feta and chickpeas with the fresh herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, and the red pepper flakes. 
Serve with pitta bread or crusty bread for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment