There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Chocolate Tahini Cookies - Untested

Makes about 20 cookies

(600 g chocolate-tahini mixture)
196 g Raw tahini
120g honey + 120g maple syrup (to replace 162 g Brown rice syrup + 76 g Maple syrup)
43 g Unsweetened cocoa powder
89 g Unsweetened shredded coconut
13 g (about 1½ Tbsp) Flax seeds
12 g (about 1 Tbsp) Chia seeds
6.5 g (about 1½ tsp) Vanilla extract
1.6 g (about ¼ tsp) Fine salt

The rest
1 egg
110 g flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
40 g chopped dark chocolate (optional)
30 g toasted sesame seeds (optional but delicious)
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.
  2. Stir together the tahini, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
  3. Mix egg into the tahini mixture.
  4. Mix together the cocoa powder, coconut, flax, and chia.
  5. Fold the dry ingredients into the tahini mixture until a uniform scoopable dough forms.
  6. Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder.
  7. Fold dry ingredients into wet.
  8. Scoop 40–45 g balls onto a tray.
  9. Sprinkle with sesame.
  10. Bake 11–13 minutes.
Texture:
Soft centres.
Crisp edges.
Almost like a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment