There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, September 25, 2026

Pasta with Tomato, Feta and Olives - Untested

https://www.gastronomos.gr/syntagh/gkogklies-me-ntomata-feta-kai-elies/61203/

Servings: 4

400 g. goglies (or sioufhitta or Cavatelli, Orecchiette, Casarecce or Gemelli)
2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
600 g canned tomatoes, chopped, or 1,200 g Fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped, without skins and seeds
2 tsp brown sugar
120 g. pitted black olives, sliced
1/2 tsp. orange zest
200 g feta cheese, crumbled, mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice and zest of 1/2 lemon the leaves from 8 sprigs fresh oregano or marjoram, finely chopped (or dried oregano if that's what you have)
6 Tbsps. olive oil + 1 Tbsp. for the olives 
salt, freshly ground pepper
  1. In a bowl, mix the olives with the orange zest and 15 ml of olive oil. Set aside.
  2. In a shallow and wide saucepan, heat 40 ml of olive oil over high heat and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
  3. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper and reduce the heat.
  4. Simmer uncovered for about 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the sauce thickens. Meanwhile, boil the pasta in plenty of salted water for 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
  5. Transfer them directly to the sauce with a slotted spoon and mix well.
  6. Remove from heat.
  7. Pour half the feta cheese, half the oregano and half the olives into the pot and mix.
  8. Serve, sprinkling with the remaining feta cheese, oregano and olives and pouring over the remaining 50 ml of olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment