There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Quick pasta with Feta sauce - Untested


Servings: 4-5

400 g feta cheese, crumbled
6 tbsp fresh milk, whole
zest of 1⁄2 lemon
500 g spaghetti or spaghettini
60 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves (or thyme sprigs)
100 g Pecorino Romano (not Parmesan), grated
salt, freshly ground pepper

  1. In a food processor blend the feta, milk and lemon zest until it becomes a thick paste. Set aside.
  2. Boil the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the starchy water and drain the rest.
  3. In the empty pasta pot heat the oil over high heat and sauté the garlic and herbs for 30 seconds.
  4. Add the pasta, the reserved water, the feta sauce, salt and pepper, and the grated Pecorino.
  5. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
  6. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment