There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Leftover White Bean & Arugula Pasta Gratin - Untested

An attempt of a creation of my own to use up leftovers from 

For about 4 servings

4 cups leftover white bean, tomato and greens pasta (about 800g)
¼ cup (60g) water or chicken broth, plus more if needed
½ cup (50g) freshly grated Parmesan
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
  2. Place the leftover pasta and sauce in a baking dish. Stir in the water or broth. If the pasta is particularly dry, add another tablespoon or two.
  3. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the pasta with a drizzle of olive oil over the surface. 
  4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
  5. If desired, increase the oven temperature to 425°F/220°C for the last 5 minutes, or place briefly under the broiler, until the cheese is browned in spots.
  6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment