There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Salade d'haricots blancs (Warm White Beans Salad) - Untested


800g cooked white beans (canned), drained and rinsed
1 large handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
Green onion tails from 2–3 green onions, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 Tbsp olive oil
1–2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Drain and rinse the beans well, then drain again.
Finely chop the parsley and thinly slice the green onion tails. Mince the garlic.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Gently toss the beans with the dressing, parsley and green onion.
Let stand for at least 15–20 minutes so the beans can absorb the dressing. Serve at room temperature or gently warmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment