There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Test 1 - Herbed balsamic chicken with blue cheese

1 - Along with my other chicken recipes, I'm translating them from whatever chicken parts it was to a whole chicken cut into pieces. I got as far as Test 1 with the skinless and boneless breasts. If the skin is a distraction, no problem, next time I'll remove it and use it to make gelatine.

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Herbe de Provence
2 to 3 ounces blue cheese

  1. Mix vinegar, olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp pepper in a bowl or plastic bag to marinade the chicken for a half hour.
  2. Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Mix together the remaining salt and pepper with the herbes de Provence.
  3. At the end of the half hour, pour the marinade with the chicken in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle the chicken with the herbes de Provence mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
  4. After 15 minutes, take the chicken out and put the cheese an top - return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
  5. Once chicken is cooked (internal temperature should read 160F or juices run clear, set aside and dump the remaining marinade in an skillet and boil down to a sauce the consistency of cream.
  6. Before serving, spoon the sauce prettily over the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment