There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Untested - Lamb Tajine with Prunes

http://www.epicurien.be/blog/recettes/tajines/tajine-agneau-aux-pruneaux.asp

1.5 kg of boneless lamb shoulder
500 g of prunes
40 cl of warm black tea
2 large white onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 tablespoons acacia honey
½ teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
1 point of saffron
100 g of pruned almonds
extra virgin olive oil
½ bunch of fresh coriander
salt pepper

  1. Soak the prunes for ½ h in hot tea
  2. Peel the onions and chop them roughly
  3. Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop them
  4. Cut the meat into large pieces and rub it a little fine salt
  5. Strain and chop coriander
  6. Heat a fillet of olive oil over high heat in a casserole or tajine
  7. Brown the pieces of meat until golden brown for 6 to 8 minutes. Return them often so that they are evenly browned.
  8. Remove meat and set aside
  9. Add the onions in the casserole for 3-4 minutes to color
  10. Return the meat to the onions
  11. Add all the spices, chopped garlic and honey
  12. Cover the meat with water and mix all the ingredients
  13. Let cook on low heat for 1h15 minutes covered
  14. Drain well the prunes and add them in the casserole
  15. Leave to cook again 25 minutes
  16. Grill and color the almonds in a frying pan over high heat with a fillet of olive oil
  17. Add the almonds and chopped coriander in the casserole
  18. Correct salting and peppering seasoning according to your preference
  19. Let cook another 5 minutes uncovered
  20. Serve with wheat semolina or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment