There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, July 31, 2017

Untested - Lamb with garlic confit

http://chefsimon.lemonde.fr/gourmets/chef-simon/recettes/souris-d-agneau-confites-a-l-ail

4 lamb's shanks
8 cloves of garlic
2 chiselled onions
A maximum of thyme from my garden or rosemary
oil

  1. The mouse is the end of the lamb leg or shoulder.
  2. I disfigure superficially to avoid too much retraction during cooking and especially I do not sleeve.
  3. You can sting the meat in different places to perfume it.
  4. Here we inserted a burst of garlic but this practice is not obligatory.
  5. Arrange the aromatic garnish in the center of the carta fata papillote.
  6. Place the mouse over the filling and season by adding a few drops of oil to capture the aromas.
  7. Close the papillote with roast string or other tie.
  8. Bake at 150 ° C for 1h30, then open the papillotes and finish cooking 1h00 at 100 ° C.
  9. The mouse is candied, colored and the flesh remained tender and fluffy.


It is thanks to the long cooking at moderate temperature that the flesh of the lamb keeps all its softness.

The carta fata allows the coloring of the meat during the roasting, it is therefore no longer useful to brown it before.

Serve the mice with their cooking juices a salad or sauteed apples.

These are lamb confit mice related to the texture of the meat after cooking and not by reference to cooking in the fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment