There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, July 31, 2017

Untested - Simple Navarin

http://www.epicurien.be/recettes-cuisine/plats/navarin-d-agneau-facile.asp

1.2 kg of lamb neck
1 onion
1 celery stalk
1 bouquet garni
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon flour
Pepper
Fine salt
Fleur de sel

Vegetable filling
1 bunch of new carrots
1 bunch of radishes
1 bunch of turnips
6 minis fennel or 1 fennel
6 mini courgettes
250 g. Of peas
Butter


  1. Peel and chop the onion.
  2. Chop the celery stalk into small pieces
  3. Heat the olive oil over high heat in a casserole dish.
  4. Add the pieces of lamb collar and sear them so that they are golden brown.
  5. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour.
  6. Add chopped onion, chopped celery and bouquet garni.
  7. Pour in 40 cl of water.
  8. Salt and pepper generously.
  9. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
  10. Wash and remove radishes and turnips.
  11. Peel the new carrots and cut them into sections.
  12. Peel the mini courgettes leaving the skin one row out of 2. Cut them then into 4 sections.
  13. Cut the mini fennels in 4.
  14. After 1 hour of cooking the meat, add carrots, fennel, peas, radishes and turnips.
  15. After 1h30 of cooking, add the pieces of courgettes.
  16. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
  17. Add a knob of butter at the end of cooking before serving.
  18. Serve in hollow plates with a piece of meat in the center and generously accompanied with vegetables. Sprinkle with salt flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment