There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Untested - Lamb Tajine

http://www.epicurien.be/blog/recettes/tajines/tajine-agneau.asp

1 lamb shank or 1 kg boneless lamb shoulder
500 g of potatoes
500 g of carrots
500 g cauliflower
1 onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 pinch cinnamon
1 saffron tip (or a few pistils)
Salt, black pepper

  1. Peel, wash and roughly cut the onion
  2. Heat olive oil over high heat in a casserole or tajine
  3. Brown the onion in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes so as to color
  4. Add the meat cut into several pieces in the casserole: sear the meat until it is golden brown (between 6 and 8 minutes often turning)
  5. Sprinkle with all spices
  6. Cover meat with water and reduce heat
  7. Cook for 45 minutes
  8. Add potatoes and carrots previously peeled and cut into pieces
  9. Leave to cook again 25 minutes
  10. Add the cauliflower bouquets and cook for another 20 minutes
  11. Serve with wheat semolina or rice.

Ideas, tips & tricks
Depending on the season, do not hesitate to vary the vegetables offered: turnips, cabbage, eggplant and other zucchini can make wonder in this tagine.
Do not hesitate to experiment with spices by adding a little spice, Moroccan red corks, smen or 4-spice blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment