There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Untested - Slow cooked herbed leg of lamb

http://www.epicurien.be/blog/recettes/plats-viandes/agneaux/gigots-agneau-cuisson-basse-temperature-herbes.asp

1 leg of lamb
1 dl white wine
1, 5 dl of olive oil
1 teaspoon of thyme leaves
3 tbsp mint leaves
Fine salt
Pepper of the mill

  1. Chop the mint leaves.
  2. Place the leg of lamb in a deep bowl and pour the herbs, white wine and oil.
  3. Marinate for 3 hours, turning every half hour.
  4. Preheat the oven to 80 ° C, th 3 and place the broiler pan in the oven.
  5. Place the leg of lamb on the fried lick and brown it for 25 minutes without turning it over.
  6. Take out the leg of lamb, salt and wrap it with aluminum foil.
  7. Place the thermo sensor in the middle of the leg and continue to cook for 3 h at 70 ° C, th 2.
  8. Keep the temperature at 60 ° C at the core.
  9. Meanwhile, reduce the juice of the marinade.
  10. At the end of the oven, recover the juice and the cooking juices and incorporate them in the reduction.
  11. Mix and check the seasoning.
  12. Cut the leg of lamb and give a few turns of pepper mill.
  13. Place the slices in a previously heated pat and serve the gravy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment