There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Untested - Moroccan Mutton/Lamb Tripe with Chick Peas

http://cuisinezavecdjouza.fr/recette-tripes-de-mouton-aux-pois-chiches/

- Tripe of mutton or lamb
- 2 onions
- 2 peeled and mixed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- 2 cloves garlic
- a bowl full of chickpeas soaked the day before
- 1 branch of celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- Oil
- Water
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
The day before, soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight.

After that, rinse and drain the guts. Cut into small pieces using scissors (more convenient than with a knife).

In a pot, brown with about 3 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, some chopped coriander, peeled and mixed tomatoes, finely chopped celery, chopped carrots In four, the concentrate of tomatoes, all the spices, salt, pepper and rinsed chickpeas. Add some of the guts and cover and simmer for a few minutes on medium heat.
Then add the rest of the guts. Mix and cover with water. Close the pot and cook for 40 minutes.

A few minutes from the end of cooking, (the guts must no longer be rubbery) add the potatoes cut in quarter. Check the water level. Adjust seasoning if necessary and complete cooking. To finish, sprinkle with the remaining freshly chiselled coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment