There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Atholl Brose Pudding - Untested

https://www.appetitemag.co.uk/atholl-brose/

A staple of the Scottish Highlands, this pudding proves that the amount of effort expended into a dessert can be in inverse proportion to the enjoyment in return. It’s stupidly easy, yet so satisfying on a dark autumnal or winter night. Don’t take the quantities too seriously - this is meant to be adjusted to your taste

This is one version, which I've adopted a few points from for this other version: http://experimentalmouffette.blogspot.com/2019/10/atholl-brose-untested.html

4 tbsp medium porridge oats
(or 3 tbsp oats + 1 tbsp ground almonds)
4 tbsp whisky
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
150ml double  2/3  cup heavy cream

  1. First, spread the porridge oats (or combined oats/ground almonds) on a baking tray and put under the grill on a low heat to toast gently. Keep an eye on it, remove the minute it is gently browned.
  2. Set aside to cool.
  3. Combine the whisky, lemon juice and honey in a bowl, then add the cream and whisk into soft peaks.
  4. Fold in the toasted oats, turn into cups or glasses and chill.
  5. Serve garnished with a stick of cinnamon, a twist of lemon zest, or homemade thin shortbread rounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment