There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Ground Pork Potato Balls - untested

https://www.food.com/recipe/ground-pork-and-potato-balls-95996

tablespoon onion, minced flakes
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsps milk
1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 cup shredded peeled raw potato
1 tsp prepared mustard (dijon?)
3⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄8 tsp black pepper
1 lb ground pork
1+2 Tbsps shortening fat (lard, butter, bacon fat)
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 Tbsps all-purpose flour
1 1⁄3 cups meat broth water, divided

  1. Cook onion in 1 Tbsp oil until perfectly soft.
  2. In a bowl mix the cooled onion, egg, milk, bread crumbs, potato, mustard, salt, and pepper together.
  3. Add pork; mix well.
  4. Make into 24 meatballs.
  5. Heat oil in skillet, add meatballs and brown.
  6. Drain fat and remove meatballs from pan.
  7. Bring the broth to a boil and add the meatballs.
  8. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
  9. Remove meatballs from pan again; reserve drippings.
  10. Mix flour with 1/3 cup of water; stir into drippings.
  11. Cook until thickened.
  12. Serve with meatballs, with an optional side of tart fruit compote like ligonberry, or damson cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment