There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Grilled Vegetable Pasta Sauce for 2 - Testing

0 - Would this benefit from some fresh herbs?

8 oz pasta
1/2 onion, sliced into 1/2" slices
4 small zucchini sliced into 1" strips
3 roma tomatoes sliced into 1" strips
4 garlic cloves, peeled, whole
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup + grated parmesan

  1. Pre-heat grill.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, zest, juice, salt and pepper.
  3. Add the zucchini and toss, to cover; marinade for 10 minutes before adding the tomatoes and garlic. To keep the onion slices intact, brush with the marinade, do not toss.
  4. In a vegetable grilling pan, place the onion and the garlic. Grill at Medium Direct heat for a couple of minutes, lid closed.
  5. Directly on the grill, place the zucchini slices (reserve the marinade). Cook everything another 4 minutes (lid closed) before adding the tomato to cook in the onion veg grilling pan (it can get quite soft). Cook for a final 4 minutes (lid closed).
  6. Check doneness; if veg is soft, remove to cutting board, allow to cool until you can handle them, and cube small and put in a saucepan with the remaining marinade. Bring this to a simmer while the pasta cooks.
  7. Once cooked, toss the sauce with the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment