There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, October 11, 2019

Curried Lamb Meatballs - Testing

0 - I don't know where this recipe came from, I may have made it up. I made it once, and I know it was enjoyed, and I hope I've remembered the recipe!
00 - With less access to lamb these days, I want to try this with ground pork.

2 garlic cloves, minced
1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 Tbsps mild oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 (or 2?) Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 can diced tomato
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
1 lb ground lamb
1 cup fine bread crumbs
1/3 cup cilantro, fine chop (optional)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt

  1. Cook onion in oil in a large frypan until perfectly perfectly cooked.
  2. Set aside 1/3 of the onion.
  3. Add garlic and ginger, curry powder and pepper. Cook a few minutes.
  4. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the bay leaf and the salt. Bring to a boil and simmer.
  5. Mix reserved onion with the lamb, breadcrumbs, optional cilantro, salt, egg and curry powder.
  6. Form into 4 large balls, then break those down into 4 balls each, then divide those into 2 balls each. As you make them, drop them into the simmering sauce. When done, mix well and cover meatballs with sauce.
  7. Cook, covered, 20  minutes. Uncover and cook another 20 minutes, until the sauce cooks down a bit and becomes silky.

No comments:

Post a Comment