There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Breakfast Sausage - Untested

https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/homemade-breakfast-sausage/
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ba-breakfast-sausage
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16359/breakfast-sausage/
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/breakfast-sausage-recipe-2103185

1 lb ground pork
1 garlic clove
Spice combinations to try:
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh sage, 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme, 1½ tsps salt, 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds, ½ tsp red pepper flakes, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp smoked paprika; OR
- 2 tps dried sage, 2 tsps salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp dried marjoram, 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 pinch ground cloves; OR
- 1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp minced fresh sage leaves, 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves, 1/4 tsp minced rosemary leaves, 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Oil or fat for frying

  1. Crush and mince the garlic; fry it in a little oil until just starting to turn blond. All to cool a bit.
  2. Mix ground pork meat with garlic and spices. Shape into 12 patties.
  3. Fry in a pan with only a little oil to get things started (the ground pork will produce its own as it cooks).

No comments:

Post a Comment