There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Warm Chèvre Salad - Testing


8 oz chèvre (soft goat cheese)
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp mild oil
1 egg x person, hardboiled and cut into 8ths
3 Tbsps olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (try white wine vinegar)
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
Pinch salt
Pinch black pepper
1 firm, tart apple, peeled, cored and diced
6 cups tender lettuce
2 Tbsps pecan or walnut pieces

  1. Form cheese into eight 1 oz patties.
  2. In a shallow bowl put in the bread crumbs.
  3. Pour a thin stream of olive oil over the cheese, and flip to oil the other side. Roll in the bread crumbs. Put in the refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes to get the cheese to firm up.
  4. Pre-heat the oven to 375F (or turn on the grill for Med-high heat, indirect).
  5. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until emulsified. Dump in the apple, toss to cover, and set aside.
  6. Bake the cheese on a cookie sheet (or grill) for about 15 minutes or until golden, flipping once.
  7. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle over the pecans, egg, apples. Arrange the cheese rounds on top and drizzle the salad with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment