There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Testing - Hot Chocolate

I used 1/8 tsp cayenne the first time, and it was a little too spicy. It would be nice to try other types of chilli, like something smoky.

(Makes 2 servings)
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp. cacao powder
1 plain 70% dark chocolate bar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
a dash ground Cayenne pepper
1-2 tbsp. honey
  1. Chop fine or grate the chocolate bar.
  2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together cacao and spices.
  3. Adding a small amount of the milk, whisk into a paste.
  4. In a saucepan, slowly heat the milk and cream and when the liquid just starts to move from the heat, slowly add the paste to the saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring.
  5. Again look for the liquid to just starts to move before boiling, remove from heat. Add the chopped chocolate and honey and whisk until it's completely melted and incorporated.
  6. Pour into mugs and add more honey to your taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment