There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Roast Pork Glazed with Fresh Damson Sauce

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090917072637AAFhAII

I would make a spicy damson plum and ginger sauce or glaze for the pork either a crown roast or extra thick pork chops/gammon steaks even the small ribs/sweet and sour cut are nice with this sauce, we use to get large jars of preserved damsons and jam in Jamaica at the hotel I was a sous chef at.

If they're hard to stone split them and cook until soft and press the flesh through a sieve or strainer, the pits actually aid in the setting of the jam, also try to quarter them this sometimes will work out the stones and save a few for the garnish of the dish.

I just saute a small onion with a bit of garlic and 2 slices of fresh ginger, add a bit of brown sugar and caramelize the base, then add a bit of vinegar and the plums, cook until soft, now I use black/blue Hungarian plums here in Canada but they are close to Damsons in texture and flavour, then I season it, you can add some spice while cooking like cinnamon, chili flakes or a fresh hot pepper.

Then cook the roast or chop or as I said ribs,and brush the sauce on about 15-20 minute before they are done as it can burn if on too long and serve a bit on the side for extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment