There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Untested - No knead oat bread

http://delicescookies.canalblog.com/archives/2012/07/04/24626232.html
http://www.girlversusdough.com/2010/07/08/round-thirty-three-oat-flour-bread/

I'm going to try to make this a no-knead bread! I hope I've got the principles down right...

2 cups warm water
1/4 tsp dry active yeast
1 Tbsp molasses
9 oz (250gr) white flour
7 oz (200gr) whole wheat flour
3.5 oz (100gr) oat flour
1.8 oz (50gr) vegetable oil
1 tsp salt

  1. Pour warm water in a mixing bowl and dilute the molasses in it. 
  2. Making sure the liquid is no warmer than 110F, add the yeast and mix in thoroughly.
  3. Dump in the rest of the ingredients and mix with the handle of a wooden spoon (seems easier than to do it by hand).
  4. Cover and let rest in a warm place for (???2 hours? Overnight? Does it need the overnight, 15 minute turn, and then the 2 hours?) until the dough doubles in size and small bubbles form on the surface.
  5. When ready to bake, grease a loaf pan (or put a pizza stone in the oven? How sticky is it?)
  6. Preheat the oven to 400F. 
  7. Boil some water. Before putting in the bread, on a lower shelf place a deep sided casserole in the hot oven and fill half-way with boiling water. Place the loaf on a rack near the center of the oven and just above the water tray and quickly close the oven door. 
  8. Bake for 45 minutes or until deeply browned and firm. Allow to cool completely before slicing or eating.



Versez la levure dans un saladier.
Ajoutez l’eau tout en délayant, puis la mélasse.
Laissez reposer pendant 5 minutes.
Dans un grand saladier, versez les farines et le sel.
Ajoutez l’huile d’olive et émiettez du bout des doigts.
Versez le mélange à la levure et mélangez à l’aide d’une cuillère en bois.
Couvrir le saladier d’un torchon et laissez reposer pendant 30 minutes.
Versez dans un grand moule à cake (voire 2 petits car ça gonfle beaucoup).
Cuire au four à 230 °C pendant 40 minutes.
Laissez refroidir avant de découper.

No comments:

Post a Comment