There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Browned Potato Cups? - Untested

2lbs potatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp rosemary
1/4 cup parsley
Salt and pepper
Fresh thyme sprigs
2 to 3oz parmesan or gruyère
  1. Thin slice potatoes preferably using a mandolin.
  2. Put garlic and butter together in a saucepan and melt the butter.
  3. When the butter starts to froth, add the parsley and rosemary.
  4. Add salt and pepper.
  5. Pour over the potatoes and toss thoroughly, getting the butter to coat both sides of all the potato slices.
  6. Place a sprig of thym on the bottom of the buttered muffin tins.
  7. Place about three slices of potato at the bottom of each muffin tin, then sprinkle a thin layer of grated cheese. 
  8. Repeat this process until each tin is overfull, ending with potato on top. It should represent about 3 layers of potato.
  9. Cover and bake in a 400F oven until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
  10. Uncover and bake again until the top is browned, about 10 minutes.
  11. Flip each potato muffin and bake again, until browned.
  12. To serve, sprinkle a bit of fleur de sel or a bit of parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment