There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Keto-ish Cheesecake - Untested


32 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 Tbsp stevia glycerite
4 large eggs
1½  cups sour cream OR yogurt???
2½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
1 tsp lemon zest
For the crust
1½ Cups ground almond 
¼ Cup sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
6 Tbsps Butter, melted
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.  Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven.  
  2. Combine the crust dry ingredients in a medium bowl.  
  3. Mix in the butter.  
  4. Pour the crust mixture into the springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers.  Use a flat bottomed cup to press the mixture into the bottom.  
  5. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside while you make the creamy filling.
  6. In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.  If you use a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.  
  7. Add in the stevia and beat with the hand mixer.  
  8. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
  9. Finally, add in the vanilla, sour cream and lemon and beat until just incorporated.
  10. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and even out the top.  Bake in the pre-heated oven.  Check after 50 minutes.  The top should no longer be glossy and the center should still be jiggly.  
  11. Turn off the oven and crack the door.  Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes.  Remove the cheesecake from the oven run a sharp paring knife between the cheesecake and the pan (this is to ensure the cake doesn't stick.  Do not remove the springform).  Let sit on the counter for 1 hour.
  12. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.  
  13. Remove the springform pan sides, decorate the top, and serve.  Makes 12 slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment