There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, October 14, 2024

Vegetable Flatbread - Untested


0 - This is the Onion Flatbread recipe, but I think it's way more versatile and can be made with whatever vegetable, so I also have the other flatbread recipe from the same guy to work from. I can imagine this making a good meal with hummus.

?? red onions, sliced thin (nah, just add to the onion below, but how much more? Probably double?)
2 onions (12oz/340g), sliced thin
¼ cup (50g) olive oil + extra for drizzling 
1½ cups water 
1 tsp salt
1⅔ cups (200g) flour 
⅓ cup (40g) grated parmesan 
2 Tbsps. (20g) cornmeal 
  1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
  2. Soak the onions in cold water for 5-10 minutes. Drain well.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the water, flour, olive oil, and salt until the mixture is smooth and forms a fairly liquid batter.
  4. Stir in the drained onions to coat.
  5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil, and pour the batter into the tray, spreading it out evenly.
  6. Sprinkle the top with the parmesan and the cornmeal.
  7. Drizzle a little olive oil on top to give extra flavor and crispness.
  8. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden and crispy on the edges.
  9. Serve warm (not hot!).

No comments:

Post a Comment