There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Untested - Palet Breton aux Châtaignes

http://www.certiferme.com/recette/recette-palet-breton-aux-chataignes-facon-tartelette-19093.html

0 - I've left the topping aside, because I first want to see what results I can get from the cake. I suspect that something like the Plum Compote with sweet whipped cream will be delightful with this.

2 oz chestnuts, boiled, husked and peeled (link on prep - note that you can stop at #11 (skip #10))
1 2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup room-temperature butter

  1. Grind the peeled chestnuts in a food processor or fruit mill to obtain a damp flour. 
  2. In a mixer combine the sugar and the butter until pale before adding the chestnut meal and the flour. Combine by hand or with a wooden spoon and form into a ball. Wrap and put in the refrigerator to rest for at least an hour and up to 72 hours.
  3. Roll out onto a floured surface only thick enough to fit in a spring form pan - to measure this, I usually roll out the dough into a thick disc, then use the  base of the spring form pan as a guide to roll out the dough just enough that I have a minimum of dough to cut away from the outside of the base.
  4. Bake in a 325F oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack before removing it from the pan.

Pour la Garniture :
6 belles poires
250 g de mascarpone
60 g de sucre

Avec 2 poires, faites une compote.
Mélangez le mascarpone avec le sucre et la compote.
Dans des cercles, mettez le palet, puis le mélange mascarpone/poires et pour finir quelques morceaux de poires coupées en petits dés. Réservez au frais et décerclez avant de servir.

No comments:

Post a Comment