There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, December 4, 2020

Lentilles du Puy au jarret de porc - Untested


3 Tbsps olive oil
1 smoked ham hock
1 onion (preferably red), chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots sliced in rounds
1 1/2 cups duPuy French lentils
1/4 cup red wine (instead of 2 Tbsps tomato paste)
5 cups water
1 tsp paprika
bouquet garni of parsley, thyme, bay (and optional lovage)
Salt and pepper
  1. Heat the oil and brown the ham hock in a large saucepan.
  2. Add the onion and the garlic and stir until the onion begins to soften.
  3. Next, add the carrots and the lentils and stir for about 5 minutes.
  4. Add the wine and cook until it's almost gone.
  5. Cover with water (should be about 5 cups)
  6. Reduce the temperature and add the bouquet garni, paprika, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer about 40 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked. Add water during the cooking time if it looks like it's getting dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment