There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, December 4, 2020

Steak Soup - Untested


1 dried chipotle pepper
1 T-bone steak
3 Tbsps olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
10-12 cups water
2 cups carrots, diced
2 cups celery, diced
2 cups spinach, finely chopped
1 cup rice
1 cup diced tomatoes
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
dash cayenne pepper
hot sauce, to taste
  1. Boil some water and pour over the dried chipotle pepper to soak for 10 minutes.
  2. Set the soaking water aside to add to the water added to the soup, later.
  3. Remove the stem and seeds and chop the flesh finely. Set aside.
  4. Brown the steak in 3 T olive oil and set aside.
  5. To the same pan add the chopped onion and sauté slowly until they soften and start to brown.
  6. Add the water, carrots, celery, spinach, and the canned tomatoes.
  7. Simmer this all day.
  8. Remove the steak and bone.
  9. Crumble steak back into soup.
  10. Add a cup of rice or rice pasta.
  11. Cook until rice is done.
  12. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Serve with hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment