There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, September 30, 2024

Arugula Pasta - Untested


4 servings

Pasta
½ lb (8oz/220 grams) pasta
Arugula pesto
4 cups (80 grams) baby arugula, washed
⅓ cup (40 grams) sun dried tomatoes, drained
¼ cup (30 grams) cashews hazelnuts or walnuts
1 garlic clove, sliced
⅓ cup (30-40 grams) grated parmesan cheese (or use a few whole pieces, same weight)
¼ tsp fine salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup (60 ml) pasta cooking water

Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salty water until al dente.
When the pasta is nearly done, scoop out 1 cup of pasta water and set aside.
Meanwhile, process arugula, parmesan, garlic, nuts, tomatoes, salt and pepper in a food processor. Give a quick blitz just for a few seconds, until the mixture resembles a coarse pesto-like consistency.
Scrape down size as needed, add extra virgin olive oil and pasta cooking water (use ¼ cup of the water you reserved) to the mixture and give another quick whizz. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Add the arugula pesto sauce to the drained pasta and toss well to combine. Stir in some pasta water, as much as needed, until you get a moist and juicy consistency.
Divide into 4 bowl and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you wish. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment