There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, September 30, 2024

Farfalle with Marinated Feta, Arugula and Toasted Pine Nuts - Untested


6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
5  tablespoons olive oil
2  teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2  garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pound whole wheat farfalle
8 ounces baby arugula
1/3 cup pine nuts
  1. In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, oregano and crushed red pepper. Stir in 1 minced garlic clove. Crumbled in about 4 ounces of the feta and place the bowl in the fridge. You can also do this ahead of time (like the night before, morning of, etc)! In a another bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the other garlic clove.
  2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the farfalle according to the directions on the box. Place the baby arugula in a large bowl.
  3. While the pasta is cooking, place the pine nuts in a skillet and heat over low heat. Stir, toss and shake the pan constantly so the pine nuts don’t burn, cooking until golden, toasty and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  4. Once the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and place it directly over the baby arugula. Drizzle the garlic olive oil over the pasta and cover the bowl with a piece of foil. Let sit for 5 minutes. This should wilt the arugula and you can always give it a good stir to help the process along.
  5. Toss the pasta with the marinated feta (I add the entire contents to the pasta) and pine nuts. Add the remaining 2 ounces of feta on top. Toss well and serve!
  6. Note: I find that this pasta has tons of flavor (the salty feta, the salted pasta water, the pine nuts) and doesn’t need additional salt and pepper, but feel free to add it if needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment